My name is Rustin Liu and I’m a passionate software engineer who specializes in distributed systems, build systems, and programming tools.
As a software engineer at PingCAP, my main focus is on enhancing TiDB, which is an open-source distributed SQL database. I am also a core maintainer of TiCDC, which is a Change Data Capture (CDC) system for TiDB.
I am also a big believer in open source. I contribute to the Rust community, where I am working on two projects:
- Cargo - Cargo downloads your Rust package’s dependencies, compiles your packages, makes distributable packages.
- crates.io - The Rust package registry.
I used to be a maintainer of Rustup, which is a toolchain manager for Rust.
Programming languages I primarily code in:
Languages I speak:
- English (Professional working proficiency)
- Chinese (Native proficiency)
- German (Elementary proficiency)
You can contact me by clicking badges above or below badges, or e-mailing me directly. My email address is on my GitHub profile.